Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Brothers: The Review


You Know?  I saw the preview for this movie in theatres.  But after its release date?  I never heard about it again.  You know what that means?.. BOX OFFICE FLOP!!!  (PFFFFFFFFRRRRRRRRRRRRR)))!!

what was that?

(THAT... is the sound of a fart)

really?

(yeah.. if you READ it.. that's what it would sound like)

... well you dont really read farts you hear and smell them so im not sure what you're doing

(you are TRULEY a rogue scholar my friend)

.... anyways.... So when you're presented with a situation regarding a flop movie;  you gotta aks yourself: what do i do? DO i go with my GUT that tells me this is a good movie and worth my hard earned dollar? (or net flix que) Or do i say; the marketing team determined this project to be a wash and so should I?
After consulting several self help books, truth about the "higher power" novels, and a Tony Robins Seminar I deided yes..... YES!!... yes....I will see this film!.

and you know what?!

.. I WAS RIGHT!!!! aughh I feel so self actuzlied!
(your'e Right Mr.Robbins; i WILLL see Alvin and the Chipmunks the Sqweekel)
This was a reallly good movie; There is alot of interesting drama and some crazy stuff that happens.  But its not WHAT happens but the WAY it happens.  It was very grounded in reality  along with the very organic dialogue.   You could have sworn this whole scenario played out at your next door neighbors house.

Jake Gylenhall ( must habe been beefin up for his Prince of Persia movie.... I dont see why he got the part!  I mean he's not even MIDDLE EASTERN!!!!... meanwhile  when I havn't even gotten my CALL BACK yet) but whatevers he was lookin REAL big and he was a really unique character: 40% drunk belligernt loser and 60% just really cool fun loving patricarchal substitute  (the PERFECT FATHER!).  the movie as a whole was well presented, and as creepy and twisted as it was; a JOY to watch. 

(keep going Jake; youre not quite Persian enough)

as for the little girl?! GOLD STARS!! ( thats that what they give out in kindergarden... right?) to the older little girl in the movie who coudln't have been more than 9 showing the vast emotional range of a 30-something women at the tender age of ... er...whatever ( single digits for sure)  I was like aughh man this lil girl is displaying this wide array of regular little girl antics and  conveying insane emotional tourment ; and playing it belivably; meanwhile mean while I have the emotional range of a Grape Fruit! (I am chalk full of Vitamin C though...)


(gross your emotional capacity has seeds)

as far is being a box office floP? I think i know why..... they leave the film mildly open ended.  But i think as long as you're  warned about that up front; you wont walk out of it all dissapointed.

but forreal a solid end would have given this film a perfect rating

4 brothaz  (another awesome movie; what up MARKY MARK!)  outta 5

(Okay Mark; for this shot we're going to need you to look 70% tough and 30% Constipated.... AAAAAAAAAAAND GO!.... okay you kinda flipped those precentages  around but the shot works!.. thats a WRAP PEOPLE!)

No comments: