Wednesday, July 1, 2009

UP: The Movie Review


“UP”: The Movie Review

Lets get one thing clear…. Disney Pixar makes SMASH hits. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Toy Story, Monsters Inc, Cars, Wall-E, Bugs Life?!... you CANNNNOT hate!
Now before I get into anything I want to make it cleeeeeeeeeeeeear!
I saw this movie in 2D, I wasn’t fortunate enough to catch the 3D option.. sooo….
Yeah.

Anyways.. the movie was really good: fun, interesting, entertaining, and creative.

But I don’t know.. I honestly thought Toy Story, Cars, and a few others were
legitimately just FUNNY MOVIES.. but this one?.. I don’t know. Not so much?

I think I have my lack of humor pin pointed to the way the film just started off with
such a heavy / serious although charming feel, it was just sorta hard for me to get
up outta that mood and appreciate some of the other comedic offerings the movie
attempted to provide.

Im not tryna give away too much.. but all I wanted was for that old man to FINISH
WHAT he STARTEd.. F*CK all these CUTE Characters, goofy do do birds, fat
asian kids, and talking Dogs…. You CAME HERE TO DO .. what you CAME HERE
TO DO!.. and THAT’S FINAL!!... DO YOU HEAR ME!! DO YOU F*CKING HEAR ME
OLD MAN!!

*sir can you keep it down… my 3 year old is crying…. And stop cursing…… and
put your shirt back on*

………

Anyways.. defiantly a good movie, im sure its better in 3D… I feel like the film really
utilized the sky-scape as a really important special effect of the film, unfortunately if
your only operating in a dual dimension PLATFORM you totally lose it.

Im going to give this movie 3 stars bc not only did it not make me laugh as hard as
I thought it would, it actually made me really sad, and no matter how hard the film
tried after that.. I couldn’t get into it….

That and I saw it in 2D

If you got some kids, or even someone that you REALLLLY love… check this out,
just be for-warned some parts of up can be a reaaaaaaaal downer ( oh snaaap!!..
I didn’t even mean for it to sound like that)



-Holla!

No comments: