Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Watchmen: Tales of the Black Freighter


Watchmen: Tales of the Black Freighter



So.. I’m not gonna lie… I’m not really even SURE what a “ black freight” is.. so usually when I hear a movie with a title im not sure about.. I always assume.. “ meh this is going to suck”.. that plus I’d never seen any previews or commercials for it.

HOW EVER… I did see the real watchmen movie?.. so anything you cosign that title on.. im SLIGHTLY interested… Apparently its supposed to mimc the actual Watchmen story form a “metaphorical stand point” but if that’s actually true its WAYYYYY over my head.

So I pop it in (that’s what she said) expecting I don’t not that much?.... but man.. was I wrong..

Super cool visually detailed and decently fluid animation, overly disgusting subject matter ,complete with a creepy horror undertone.

Just really something unique and fully engaging. What makes it all the more fun is the fact that the narrator has this epic Edgar Allen Poe feel.

“as the feathered beasts plucked the earths dough feasting on mother earths curious indignation”

…… oh?.. you mean that pigeon eating bird seeds?

……………”yes”

I don’t want to give away too much but lets just sayyyyyyy its kidna like “Cast Away” with Tom Hanks meets pirates of the Caribean, But with more twisted violence then both Kill Bills put together, and smart enough to trip you out like the Matrix!

………… okay.. I may have over sold it…

But its DEFINATLEY a good movie… the box say an hour and 40 minutes?.. however when I was watching it.. it felt like….. 40 minutes tops… I dunno maby I was just super interested? Or maby the basic story was overly simplified; or MABY the box just lied?

Eitherway… definatley check it out with your buddies, ehhh.. I wouldn’t really recommend watching this with kids or girls.. as the violence is absoultley horrific. And YOUR going to be responsible for sitting up with them all night

Isn’t it funny how cartoons are good for 2 things?.. .little babies? And horrible violence that would be difficult to reproduce in live action sequences?

…. I dunno.. EITHERWAY

Def 5 starst

DEF checkit out!

**ohhhh!!!.. you know wha?.. I just realized why it was only 40 minutes… I only watched “ the black freighter part.. theres another part called” under the hood”.. which I didn’t watch.. DAMNIT NET FLIX.. next time you tell me EVERYTHING!!!!

No comments: