Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanks Micheal

Wassup Homies and Home-ettes..

Today is a Sad Day...

for my WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE.. i've loved air Jordans... since.. well I knew what LOVE is..

Air Jordan Vs; while i was in ELEMENTRAY school : ohhh man.. those are soo cool.. what is that wierrd mesh stuff on the side?!










Air Jordan VI; at my friend francis house in Orlando.. " oh.. what is that acrazy strap in the back?" *shut up Zia.. u can't play foot ball with us*









Air Jordan VIII: with the straps.. and i had my crappy air raids... chicks was lilke Brian I love your shoes.... and they said nothing as they walked by mines...










Air Jordan XI: In High schoool.. I used to get beat up by kids wearing those " what is that wierd shiny stuff"









my FIRST pair of Air Jordans... the Air Jordan XIII ( the only reason i could afford them is bc he had retired at that point) ; I was a Junior in High School a this point










and then Finally my job at foot locker.. where i purchased every show from 13 alll the way up to 23.....

i've had some CRAZY stories tryna get some of these... but I dont think i'll have many more stories: Today I have discovered: the Air Jordan Line will end at 23. and in its place the classic name plate will be replaced by "years"

the next sneaker will be the " Air Jordan 2009"..... *sigh... i guess.

I had to pick up shifts at another store (Sports Fever anyone?) to get my Air Jordan 1 patent leathers on discount









I had to wait in some crazy long lines at valley fair; be belittled by store owners and security alike to get my jordan Vs and IIIs








I had to skip school and ask a good friend to pick a number out of a lottery; allowing me the CHANCE to even SPEND $ 125.oo to get pair of air jordan XIs!










I had to stand outside the beverley Hills Nike Town for Hours to get my pair of red suede Air Jordan XXIs








and the last thing i ever did... was wait 2 days in line on market street in the blistering cold with homless bums fighting, and urine soaked streets for a chance to own my still un-worn pair of Air Jordan XX3 premiers in white and titanium.
$230.00; 23 stores; and 23 pairs.

Crazy?.. F*ck yeah.

But its not about the "status" or trying to be cool.. it started out that way yeah. but the more I learned about Air Jordan; the more i learned about design, concepts, visual cues; story telling, ideas, inpiration, performance, and LOVE OF STYLE.. the MORE i grew in love with the line......

but for something i've loved since i've known what love is. its a perfect ending.

Thanks Micheal. I can't wait to see what u come up with Next.

No comments: